PRATT – Entries are being accepted for the 2018 “Wild About Kansas” photo contest hosted by the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism. If you’ve snapped a neat photo or two related to Kansas wildlife, outdoor recreation, hunting, fishing or local landscapes, consider participating in the sixth annual contest. The deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 14. Here’s how to enter:
• Visit ksoutdoors.com, click “Publications,” then “2018 Wild About Kansas Photo Contest.”
• Read the category descriptions and rules.
• Click on and complete the “2018 ‘Wild About Kansas’ Entry Form.” (You will receive a conformation code upon completion).
• Copy your confirmation code into the subject line of a new email.
• Email your photos with category information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants who receive awards can expect to see their photos in the 2019 Jan/Feb photo issue of Kansas Wildlife and Parks Magazine.
For the best chances of success, make sure your photos are: 1MB or larger, taken in Kansas, and appropriate for the category. Photos of domestic animals will not be considered.
For more information, visit ksoutdoors.com/Services/Publications/Magazine/2018-Wild-About-Kansas-Photo-Contest.